This is 6 month course is designed to suit applicants intrigued by fashion and open doors into the exciting
fashion industry. It provides practical design skills and studies different textile fibres, yarns and fabrics
utilized in clothing production, including where to source them. It also shows applicants how to construct
garments to create, finance and market their own clothing labels.
- The program is taught through classroom theory, lecture, lab work, field trips and work term
experience with our partner companies such Bulluk Apparel and Nallem Clothing and others.
- Students will also have the opportunities to network with industry professionals promoting future
By the time of completion of this program, students will have been exposed to numerous
aspects and domains of fashion and will have the opportunity to work in different designations
After completion of this course, graduates should be able to demonstrate the abilities to:-
- Create designs of male and female dresses according to latest trends.
- Use Hand and Electric sewing machines for stitching.
- Draw fashion sketches and variations of silhouettes on them
- Make drafts and patterns of Sleeves, Collars, Darts, Shirts, Skirts, and Trousers etc.
- Apply textile designs and techniques on garments.
- Apply hand embroidery on garments
- Learn professional method of tracing
- Learn computer design skills
- Stitch various kinds of garments.
Entry into this program normally requires no formal Certificate. This program will help learners to
prepare and facilitate their progression into the general education band through introduction to Generic
Skills Units. But all applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to speak and write in English