This is a 2 year program designed to provide professional career-directed training in the development, production management and marketing of apparel design. It will develop skills in creative design, visual communication, business marketing and apparel production technologies. Students of this program will learn practical skills like fashion illustration, computer aided design, pattern-making and draping and garment construction.
- The program is taught through classroom theory, lecture, lab work, field trips and work term
experience with our partner companies such Bulluk Apparel and Nallem Clothing and others.
- Students will also have the opportunities to network with industry professionals promoting future
By the time of completion of this program, students will have been exposed to numerous
aspects and domains of fashion and will have the opportunity to work in different designations
After completion of this program, graduates should be able to demonstrate the abilities to:-
- Create innovative, sustainable and inclusive designs using flat pattern and prototyping techniques that incorporate design and fitting principles;
- Use most current computer technologies to design, digitally communicate, market and manufacture apparel;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of materials, colours, silhouettes, textures and techniques in order to communicate a reflective design process incorporating market research and analysis to solve design problems;
- Source materials, illustrate concepts, develop patterns, produce technical packages and costing information, apply production specifications to produce apparel that incorporates both sustainability, and human-centered designs;
- Produce and present work that meets the standards, ethics and practices of the domestic and global fashion industry;
- Apply visual communication skills to develop products, support design collaborations and create a professional portfolio;
- operate industrial sewing, pressing and other technical equipment safely and to industry standards.