This is one-year program designed for aspiring graphic designers who want to dive deep into
the world of branding, identity, and design. The idea of the program is to help students
understand how concepts translate into designs and animations that are used in various
The design industry is growing at an exponential rate and there are very few designers who can
work across multiple platforms like print, screen, web, motion graphics, etc. There is hardly
any other profession where one starts off with so much responsibility than as a designer.
By the end of the course, students will have acquired the training and the portfolio necessary to
interview for positions in graphic design firms, advertising studios, or marketing firms. Others
may establish their own design firms or take on challenging freelance assignments.
o Visual Communication
o Team Management
o Background and Concept, Existing Process
o Unrealized Potential
o Communication, Understanding, and Creating
o Designing for the Web
o Project Management
o Quality Control for Products
o Delivery Methods
o Organizational Structure
o Design: Character
o Principles of Management
o Drawing as Basis for 2D and 3D Animation
o Digital Publishing
o Information Architecture
o Design for Enterprise Solution
o Typography and Layout
o Color Theory
o Principles of Typographic Design
o Forms: Paper to Pixel
o Digital Photography
In order to be enrolled into this programme, an applicant must satisfy the following minimum
- SSSCE holders – six (6) passes A-D in all subjects, including English and Mathematics
- WASSCE holders -six (6) passes (A1 – D7) in all subjects, three (3) of which should be credit
passes (C6) or better.
- TVET applicants must have credits in five subjects, comprising three core subjects including
English Language and Mathematics and two elective subjects relevant to the programme chosen.
- Foreign Qualifications – all foreign qualifications will be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education
Commission, formally known as National Accreditation Board (NAB), for determination of
equivalences and eligibility for admission to enroll in Ghana in accordance with the National
Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]. IAAT will not use American SAT, TOEFL etc.
as entry qualifications.
- Professional and other entry qualifications – All professional qualifications can also apply for